Why List With Me?
Finding a Realtor you can trust with perhaps the biggest financial transaction of your life is serious business. I have a Business Marketing Degree from Montana State University and I use that education every day. My 12 years of experience in the real estate business has taught me what it takes to get your property in front of the maximum number of buyers. I use print and on-line advertising. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and a host of other real estate websites where buyers are looking. That’s just one leg of the stool however! Your property will have excellent pictures. It will be priced right. All of the information a potential buyer needs to evaluate your property will be readily available to them. I have a good working relationship with other Realtors in the community who may be representing the buyer for your home. That means a smooth transaction for you!
Here are a few tips for sellers to keep in mind:
- Pack It Up! If you look at model homes, you’ll know they are sparsely furnished by design. Buyers need to be able to imagine their furniture, pictures and belongings in the house.
- Focus on Kitchen and Bathrooms because they still sell houses! If you can only afford to refresh one room, take a good look at the kitchen.
- Do a Deep Cleaning. This includes washing windows (it is amazing how clean windows make a house “sparkle”), clean tile grout, buff and shine tile or wood floors, and make sure countertops are spotless. And don’t forget to dust the baseboards!
- Add Curb Appeal. Make sure landscaping in front of the door is trimmed, and that the entry door is in good shape and hardware is spotless. Add a pot of colorful flowers near the front entrance.
- Make repairs ahead of time. Instead of writing down items that don’t work on the Owner’s Property Disclosure… fix them! It is much less expensive for the seller to fix items than to give the buyer a credit for repairs at closing.
- Price it Right. If you price it too high, buyers will look for better values and your home will remain on the market longer. The longer your home is on the market, the less desirable it becomes to buyers – even if you eventually lower your asking price. Conversely, pricing your home too low may result in a quicker transaction but will yield less money in the end.
Free Home Valuation Report
Getting started is easy – just fill out the form below and I’ll give you a detailed home valuation report, absolutely free.